- Vietnam - Ut and Karen Vo-To Central supports, Karen and Ut Vo-To, our missionaries in Vietnam. In 2002 they were asked to organize the UMC in Vietnam- The Vietnam Initiative. They began with one fellowship and had 56 in place as of 2010, well beyond the goal of 39.
- Detroit, Michigan - Sonya Luna Sonya has served for 6 years as a National Hispanic/Latino Plan missionary. First assigned by the General Board of Gloval Ministries to the Detroit Conference Committee on Hispanic-Latino Ministries. Sonya's position will help congregations across the state meet the challenges of current demographics and local realities present.
- Global Ministries - Kristen Brown Serving as coordinator of interpretation, education, and advocacy through the Methodist lilaison office in Jerusalem. The office is a joint project of Gloval Ministries, the British Methodist Church, and the World Methodist Council. It relates to ecumenical organizations, churches, and church-related institutions in the Holy Land, and it provides eductional venues for Methodist pilgrims to the region.
Haiti Mission Team
The Haiti Mission Team travels to Cap-Haitien every 1-2 years to work with Soaring Unlimited, founded by Dorothy Fredericton in 1994. Dorothy's missionary work is focused on widows, orphans and children of widows. Under her direction 12 homes and a medical clinic have been built. A new Birthing Center is in the planning stages. Hundreds of children are given; tuition, books, uniforms, shoes and school supplies. Read more about their trips, updates and follow them on their blog.
Hunger / United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Haiti Hot Lunch - Hungry children do not learn and are absent from school because of sickness and exhaustion. It is estimated that over 17,000 Haitian students suffer from severe malnutrition and are at risk of developing illnesses directly related to the lack of nutritious food. We support the daily $.30 - $.75 per day cost to feed a Haitian child at one of the 105 UMC supported Haitian schools.
- Soaring Unlimited Medical Clinic, Haiti - Dorothy Frederickson, a former teacher and county commissioner from Michigan, redirected her efforts to missionary work in Haiti. She founded the Soaring Unlimited Foundation dedicated to helping underprivileged Haitian children. Her dream to build a medical clinic has become reality. Central continues to support the needs at this clinic.
Personal Energy Transportation (P.E.T.)
P.E.T. is a worldwide effort to help people gain mobility and independence. This is a United Methodist Advance Special. Project. 100% of the monies donated go directly to fund P.E.T. vehicles for persons in need. View pictures and read more information on the PET MI website.
Volunteers in Mission (VIM)
Volunteers In Mission are people who volunteer to travel to mission sites to complete designated projects. Central has sponsored teams that have travelled to Africa, Haiti and Bolivia in recent years.
Youth Mission Teams
- High School Mission Team - Each year, Central Church youth teams travel to a mission site to complete a designated project. The funds for these trips are raised by the High School youth and the mission ministry team gives them support. The Kyle Sonnemann Scholarship is also used to help those youth that need financial aid for the mission work. Contact, Pastor Chris Lane.
- Mission Possible Inter-generational Team - Challenges our church to be more involved in hands-on mission. Some projects are in-state for 1-3 days and others are week long out-of-state projects. With this broader reach comes some higher expectations. Involvement in a mission trip assumes you will be involved in local mission efforts as well. It also means taking part in several fundraising efforts. Contact, Barb Kessel.