We welcome all who have no church home, who need strength, who want to follow Christ,who have doubts, or who aren’t sure what they believe. Welcome to new guests and to old friends. Welcome to grandparents, to mothers, fathers, and single persons. Welcome to people of all colors, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities, to old and young, to believers and questioners and welcome to questioning believers. Everyone is welcome at Central Church. For worship service information go to Worship Services or go to a map of the church layout.
For more than 150 years, Central Church has been serving in the heart of beautiful downtown Traverse City, Michigan. Whether you're from the area or a new resident, we invite you to be part of our unique faith community. Central provides a church home where you can connect in the community, make new friends, grow in your Christian faith and discover meaningful opportunities for service that will enrich your life and make a difference in the lives of others. Central Church is a Reconciling Congregation, registered with the Reconciling Ministries Network.
We invite you to attend worship services, check out a class or small group and/or step into a service opportunity. Thank You for visiting.
- Parking: Available on Cass Street in front of the church and in the parking lots near Central Church. See Parking Lot map.
- Welcome Center: Our Welcome Center is located upstairs in the Gathering Place. We encourage first time visitors to stop by sign our guest register and receive a gift bag, a symbol of our hospitality. Read about our history.
- Elevators/Handicap Accessibility: Elevators are available near our front entrance with access to each floor. Also available are 4 wheelchairs, one on each level of the church. Handicap restrooms are also available on each floor.
- Nursery: Child Care is provided during Sunday School and during Church Services. The nursery is located in the lower level of the church. Pagers are given to parents for nursery age children and are available for 3 to 4 year old children. For more information go to Nursery.
- Ushers: Our ushers are here to assist in any way they can. Large print bulletins, large print hymnals and hearing devices are available. Please check with an usher.
- Library: We have an extensive collection of books, Cd's and DVD's including many rare books. Read More.